Attorney Nancy Thome has over 25 years of bankruptcy and estate planning experience. When representing clients, she focuses on their goals. A Colorado native, upon graduating from University of Wisconsin Law School, she relocated to Baraboo.
Her practice includes chapters 7 & 13 bankruptcy, chapter 128 debt amortization, estate planning, elder law, Medicaid asset protection, special needs trusts, adult guardianships, probate, and trust administration.
Nancy is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. She taught law at Madison College and University of Wisconsin Law School (visiting faculty) and served as president of Sauk County Bar Association. She is the policy chairperson of Baraboo School Board and a board member of Devil’s Lake Concessions Corporation.
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Adult Guardianships
- Probate and Trust Administration
- University of Wisconsin Law School, Juris Doctor (1995)
- University of Missouri-Columbia, Bachelor of Journalism (1990)
- US District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Sauk County Bar Association (President, 2017-2018)
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Baraboo School Board (Policy Chairperson)
- Baraboo Devil’s Lake Concession Corporation Board
- Baraboo River Canoe Club (Secretary/Treasurer)